Guide - Staff Applications!

Hello there! If you have clicked on this thread and are hoping to become staff on TheGardenMC, we wish you good luck!
This thread will be edited/updated frequently.
As of right now, public applications are currently open and will remain so unless deemed necessary to close them. More information can be found on the discord (https://discord.gg/hUyYnvj).
The application for trial staff is here: (https://goo.gl/forms/XesGsN2yyCyL9Znj2)
This thread will help make sure you fit the requirements, and will assist you in making your application the best it can be.
If you have applied, please wait up to 1-2 weeks for a response. If you haven’t received one by then, it’s like you’ve been denied. If there are delays in the application process, we will let you know.

Requirements
To become staff, you must:
• Be a minimum of 13 years old
• Be active on forums, discord, and the server.
• Have a discord account and forum account (duh)
• Have a Minecraft account (duh)

Application Tips
[Short Answer Tips]

Don’t elaborate too much!

Example of what NOT to do:

What is your Minecraft IGN? Well, my main is Materializing, but I have an alt called epicboy80 and my brother’s account is called creeperboy2003.

Example of what TO do:

What is your Minecraft IGN? Materializing

Answer honestly.
We know when you’re lying. Don’t say you’re sixteen when you’re ten - we’ll find out, and you will face a punishment for lying.

Be realistic.
You can’t play Minecraft 24/7 - so don’t say you can. Be real with how much time you have available.

Try to keep mistakes out of your answers.
We know you can slip up, but I cannot stress enough how important editing is. Even one small number wrong in your discord tag can stop you from getting the chance to become staff!

Don’t write an essay for a response.
These are called short answer questions for a reason - they’re meant to be quick and professional.

[Long Answer Tips]

This is the part of your application that means the most. It’s the most important part and will be what we base our decisions on in the end.

Don’t write your application like a list.
You’re not going shopping - so don’t write like you are. First, second, and third should not be used in your application.

Follow the word count guidelines
With the newest update to our applications, you are no longer able to have 20 words for a 150 word question. It simply will not allow it. You need to make sure that you are sticking to the minimum words. It’s not that we’re trying to make it hard for you, we’re trying to help you so you can show us how good you actually are.

Use good grammar and spelling.
I cannot stress how important this is. If you’re putting “u”, “ur”, or “I is good staff” in your application, your chances have dropped about 100%.

Write professionally.
You’re applying for a respected and dedicated position, not koolest kid in the klass. Don’t use emojis or smileys.

Show us examples of your work.
Don’t just say “I’m hard-working” without telling us how. Talk about your dedication, your activity, etc.

If you can, include IRL examples.
If you do something like team sports or scouts, feel free to add it in! It tells us a lot about you. Make sure to add why it’s important/why it might help you as staff.

Now, you’re ready to write your application. Good luck, and we hope to see you on the team soon!